THE BOAT - UNATHI
Designed especially for whale watching and leisure cruises, Unathi our SAMSA approved modern 15 meter catamaran is equipped with engines that minimise underwater noise. Two 380HP inboard diesel engines are used for our vessel’s propulsion to make the trip quieter and safer for the marine life.
The main passenger cabin is enclosed with retractable windows and the open top deck offers great viewing and photo opportunities. Spacious interiors are fitted with modern environment friendly ladies and gents toilets. Comfortable café style seating without compromising viewing opportunity for a up close and personal wildlife encounter.
Our vessel Unathi, is crewed by a friendly multi linguist team of guides and a skipper who are very experienced in interacting with the local marine wildlife and Southern Right Whales.
QUICK FACTS ABOUT OUR BOAT:
- Unathi is a 36 -seater , 15 meter catamaran with two 380HP inboard diesel engines.
- Spacious restaurant style seating and retractable windows ensure a dry and comfortable trip even in windy, wet conditions.
- Children can watch the whales right outside the window from their seats!
- Our boat is wheelchair accessible and caters for all ages.
- The popular elevated top deck gives guests a bird’s eye view of the surrounds and is a perfect platform for those memorable pictures.
- Safety is of the outmost importance to us and we therefore have extensive public liability insurance.
The crew have expert knowledge of the Cape Whale Coast sea conditions and are fully trained in all aspects of safety. The Whale Watchers staff constantly monitors the weather and responds professionally to any changes. Passengers comfort and safety are always our priority. Unathi is wheelchair accessible.
You will be accompanied by our SAMSA registered skipper Emile and two SATOUR registered guides, Valentine and Phillip. Crew member Boere completes the team. Amongst them, they can fluently speak English, Afrikaans, French and Mandarin.